There are few things in the world better than a slice of freshly-baked banana bread. This cinnamon-laced recipe will have you reaching for another slice to enjoy with a cup of your favorite afternoon tea. It’s delicious, it’s nutritious, and best of all, it’s vegan! Here is our tried and tested recipe for vegan cinnamon banana bread.
3 medium ripe bananas
¼ cup vegetable oil
¼ cup almond or nut milk
½ cup light brown sugar
2 tsp pure vanilla extract
2 cup all-purpose flour
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp baking soda
½ tsp sea salt
sliced bananas, for topping
1. Preheat the oven to 350F and spray a 9×5 loaf pan with nonstick spray.
2. In a large mixing bowl, roughly mash the bananas. Add the brown sugar, oil, vanilla, and milk, then whisk to combine.
3. Sift in the flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon, and mix with a wooden spoon.
4. Transfer the batter to your prepared pan, and top with the extra banana slices.
5. Bake for about 50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.