Fudge is a sugary sweet treat enjoyed by millions, but what people don’t realize is this yummy treat is actually super easy to make at home. Jazz up this traditional favorite and add some peanut butter and Reese’s pieces peanut butter cups to create a decadent treat you won’t want to put down anytime soon. its best to use smooth peanut butter but if you love peanuts then you may want to try some chunky peanut butter instead to add some extra peanut crunch
- 1 cup peanut butter of your choice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup unsalted butter 2 sticks
- 1/4 teaspoon fine salt
- 3 3/4 cups sifted powdered sugar
- 1 cup Reese’s pieces peanut butter cups
- Prepare an 8×8” square baking dish by lining it with wax paper and set it aside for later.
- Take the Reese’s pieces and slice them into smaller chunks and then set them aside for later.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, combine peanut butter, butter, and salt. Cook until it’s smooth, stirring frequently. Add the almond and vanilla extracts and stir in gently.
- Remove the mixture from heat and use a spatula to stir in the powdered sugar. Make sure the powdered sugar has been sifted to avoid lumps and bumps.
- Spread the fudge evenly in the baking sheet.
- Take the chopped Reese’s pieces and sprinkle them onto the fudge before it cools. This way, the pieces can settle in the fudge.
- Refrigerate the fudge until it sets.
Once set, simply cut into squares and enjoy. This fudge makes a great treat at home but also is great to give as a gift.