This leafy green veggie is one of the healthiest foods on the planet. Here are the top 10 wonderful reasons you should be including kale in your health-conscious diet.
1. The super-leaf is spectacularly rich in health-boosting vitamins. One cup of chopped kale includes Vitamin A, C, K, calcium, magnesium, potassium, and manganese.
2. Kale is a powerful natural detoxifier. If you’re looking to take on a detox, it’s the ideal ingredient to add to salads, smoothies or to munch on as a healthy snack.
3. It is good for cardiac health. Many studies show that the superfood promotes cardiovascular health, it is low in fat and cholesterol and is a natural anti-inflammatory.
4. It fights cancer! Kale is a cruciferous vegetable. Compounds in cruciferous veggies inhibit the development of cancer and protect cells from DNA damage.
5. The flavorful green is low in calories. If you’re watching your waistline, it’s A perfect healthy addition to a low-calorie diet. One cup of kale only contains 33 calories!
6. Forget your daily glass of milk! Kale has more calcium per calorie than milk. It’s also easier for your body to absorb.
7. If you’re looking for a natural acne preventive, kale is the answer. The antioxidants in the veggie promote healthy skin and fight ance-inducing bacteria.
8. It’s super versatile! There are so many ways to introduce the superfood into your diet. Eat it raw, sautee it or bake it for a crisp-like snack.
9. For anyone who suffers from anemia, this green is a fantastic way to get a much-needed iron boost. Per calorie, kale has more iron than beef!
10. All the pregnant ladies, get on the kale train! Women who are expecting should munch on this veggie to promote their babies’ healthy brain development. The folates in kale also are shown to prevent birth defects.