There’s simply nothing better than a hearty and healthyish weekend brunch. We’ve upgraded the standard eggs and bacon breakfast with a few spectacularly nutritious superfood additions. Kale is widely hailed as the most nutritionally-dense green on the planet while ancient turmeric boasts a host of impressive health benefits. The spice has been proven to combat heart and brain disease while boosting your immune system with anti-oxidants. Pair this dish with a mimosa for a fabulous, delicious and health-conscious brunch meal.
4 slices bacon
1 bunch curly kale, ribs and stems removed, leaves torn into large pieces
5 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
1 cup plain Greek yogurt
4 large eggs
½ teaspoon ground turmeric
Urfa pepper or other mild red pepper flakes and lime wedges (for serving)
1. Place a rack in middle of oven and preheat to 375°. Bake bacon until brown and crisp, 12–15 minutes. Tear into large pieces; reserve fat for another use.
2. Meanwhile, spread out kale on a rimmed baking sheet and drizzle with 2 Tbsp. oil. Massage leaves with oil and season with salt. Bake, tossing halfway through, until lightly browned around edges and crisp-tender, 5–7 minutes.
3. Season yogurt with salt. Divide among plates and top with bacon and kale.
4. Heat remaining 3 Tbsp. oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high. Add eggs one at a time, cook, tilting skillet toward you and spooning oil over egg whites until whites are set. Remove skillet from heat, keeping skillet tilted, and add turmeric to oil. Baste egg whites with turmeric oil.
5. Divide eggs among plates and drizzle turmeric oil over. Sprinkle with red pepper flakes and squeeze limes over.