It’s superfood Saturday and we have the perfect recipe to have you starting your day the right way – with a breakfast or snack packed with protein.
1 x 7 g sachet of dried yeast
4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
250g gram flour
100g ground almonds
100g mixed seeds (such as chia, poppy, sunflower, sesame and pumpkin)
1 sprig of fresh rosemary
4 large free-range eggs
1. Preheat the oven to 190ºC or 375ºF. Line a 1.5-litre loaf tin with greaseproof paper.
2. Fill a jug with 375ml of lukewarm water, add the yeast and oil, then mix until combined and set aside for 5 minutes.
3. Place the flour, ground almonds and all the seeds into a large bowl with a pinch of sea salt and make a well in the middle. Pick, finely chop and add the rosemary leaves.
4. Crack in the eggs and beat together, then pour in the yeast mixture. Whisking as you go, gradually bring in the flour from the outside until well-combined. Pour into the prepared tin and smooth out nice and evenly on top.
5. To bake, place in the middle of the oven for 45 minutes, or until golden, cooked through and an inserted skewer comes out clean. Transfer to a wire rack to cool for at least 20 minutes before eating, then serve.
This lovely loaf is good for a few days and delicious toasted after that. Top it with fried eggs, avocado, cheese or strawberry jam as a weekend treat!