Who can resist the delectable charm of a good cupcake? These matcha green delights are the perfect tea-time treat or healthy yet indulgent quick breakfast. Matcha powder lends an earthy, fresh taste to the recipe. The superfood powder is filled with health-boosting antioxidants and is incredibly good for both your body and mind. This recipe yields 12 cupcakes and is suitable for a Paleo diet!
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon sea salt
2 cups almond meal
4 tablespoons Epic Matcha green tea powder
4 tablespoons raw sugar
1 teaspoon lemon zest
4 tablespoons coconut oil
2 whole pasteurized eggs
2 whole mashed banana
1 cup raw cashews, soaked 6–8 hours
2 tablespoons coconut milk
1/2 cup water
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
2 tablespoons raw honey
1/2 cup roasted and salted pistachios, crushed
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Mix together the almond meal, baking soda, salt, matcha powder, and sugar.
2. In another bowl, mix together coconut oil, eggs, banana, and coconut milk
3. Combine both mixtures together, being careful not to over-mix.
4. Fill cupcake papers 3/4 of the way up, and bake for 20–25 minutes.
5. In a blender or food processor, add the strained cashews, coconut oil, vanilla, honey, and a pinch of salt.
6. Slowly add the water until the consistency is thick yet spreadable, and very smooth and creamy.
7. Let the cupcakes cool before spreading with the cashew cream frosting, and then top with crushed pistachios. Enjoy!