Looking for your next recipe for #MeatlessMonday? We have you covered! These cauliflower steaks are so tasty and simple to make. Cauliflower is rich in vitamin B6 and a wonderful source of manganese, omega fatty acids and biotin. We’ve paired the cauli steaks with a tomato and bean salad that gives this meatless meal a little added superfood kick. Green and white beans are naturally low in cholesterol and a spectacular source of protein.
1 large head of cauliflower
1/2 cup high quality olive oil
2 teaspoons kosher salt
1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
8 ounces green beans
3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
3/4 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
1/3 cup chopped parsley, plus more for garnish
1/3 cup panko breadcrums
1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan
1 can white beans, drained
1 cup red cherry tomatoes, halved
3 tablespoons mayonnaise
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
1. Preheat the oven to 425°F. Using a large knife, slice in the center from top to bottom to cut your ‘steaks.’
2. Place cauliflower on a baking sheet. Brush both sides with olive oil and season with black pepper and salt. Roast on the oven’s middle rack, turning halfway through, until cauliflower is browned, about 30 minutes.
3. While the steaks are cooking, toss green beans with 1 Tbsp. oil and salt and pepper on a anothere baking sheet. Arrange in a single layer, then roast for about 15 minutes.
4. Whisk garlic, lemon zest, 1/3 cup parsley, remaining olive oil and salt and pepper to taste, in a medium bowl until smooth. Transfer half of mixture to another medium bowl. Add panko and Parmesan to first bowl and combine with your hands.
5. Add white beans and tomatoes to second bowl and toss to coat. Whisk mayonnaise and mustard in a small bowl.
6. Remove sheets from oven. Spread mayonnaise mixture over cauliflower. Sprinkle 1/4 cup panko mixture evenly over the steaks. Add the bean mixture to sheet with green beans and combine. Return sheets to oven and continue to roast until the white beans and cauli steaks being to brown, about 5–7 minutes more. Top with parsley, serve and enjoy!