Sundays are meant for a little indulgence. If you’re looking to treat yourself on this lazy day of rest, may we humbly suggest whipping up a batch of these gluten-free, superfood-packed, mouth-watering brownies. These delights include health-boosting goji berries and dark chocolate cocoa nibs that are cooked into a fudgey batter that will sate your chocolate craving without adding to your waistline. Life is short – live a little!
1/2 cup melted coconut oil
1 cup coconut sugar
1/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips, melted
1/2 cup unsweetened cacao powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 tablespoon gluten free flour blend (or regular all-purpose flour)
1/4 cup goji berries, divided
3 tablespoons, cacao nibs, divided
1/2 tablespoon sea salt
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line an 8×8 baking dish with parchment paper.
2. Combine the coconut oil, coconut sugar, melted chocolate chips, cacao powder and salt in a large bowl and whisk until well combined.
3. Add the vanilla bean paste and eggs and whisk again until smooth.
4. Add the flour and stir until fully incorporated into the batter and no streaks remain.
5. Add 1 tablespoon each of the cacao nibs and goji berries and fold into the batter until just incorporated.
6. Transfer the batter into the baking dish and bake for 30-35 minutes until the edges are set but the middle is soft. About 5-7 minutes before brownies are done baking, sprinkle the remaining goji berries and cacao nibs on top.
7. Sprinkle the baked brownies with the sea salt and let rest in the pan until completely cooled and enjoy!