It’s Mother’s Day in the U.K. so if you are celebrating, or if not, use this day to treat your mama the way she deserves. Spoil her by making her breakfast in bed. These delicious tray bakes, are not only bursting with goodness, they are free from refined sugar, gluten, dairy and are totally guilt-free too! She will definitely enjoy. Add a cup of tea to the tray, and a hand-picked flower and you are good to go.
1 tablespoon flaxseed
2 tablespoon water
1 cup gluten free oats
1 cup pecans, chopped
2 cup raisins, seedless
1 medium carrot
3 cup coconut flakes
2 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup honey
1 cup almond butter
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a baking dish with parchment paper.
2. Next, combine ground flaxseed and water in a small bowl to make a flaxseed “egg.”
3. Allow to sit for 10 minutes to congeal.
4. Combine the oats and nuts in a food processor until semi-finely chopped but not powdery.
5. In a medium-sized bowl, combine pulsed oats and nuts, raisins, grated carrot, coconut, cinnamon, and salt. Set aside.
6. Now, in a microwave safe bowl, heat honey and almond butter until easy to stir together.
7. Add the honey/almond butter mixture and flaxseed egg to the medium bowl with oat mixture.
8. Stir until fully mixed.
9. Pour mixture into lined baking dish and spread out until it is even and about 1/2 inch thick.
10. Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until edges slightly brown.
11. Remove from the over and allow to cool for 10 minutes before cutting bars.
12. Let cool completely before removing and eating bars.