With the winter cold quickly settling in a delicious warm soup can be a welcome treat and comfort food for many of us. While it may still be difficult to get certain fresh veg and fruits that our bodies rely on, a bowl of soup is a perfect way to use up healthy winter vegetables and give your body a healthy boost. This yummy recipe not only provided a delicious twist on the traditional potato soup, but this soup contains plenty of vitamins and antioxidants to help you see the winter months through.
• 3 large sweet potatoes,
• 2 large red peppers
• 1 large red onion
• 3 cloves garlic
• 1 teaspoon sweet paprika
• 1/2 teaspoon hot paprika
• 1 tsp coarse salt
• 2 tablespoons olive oil
• 1 can coconut milk
• 1 cup chicken stock or water
1. Wash the potatoes and chop into cubes with the skin on
2. Remove the seeds from the peppers and slice into strips.
3. Chop the onion into quarters
4. Peel the garlic and coarsely chop
5. Heat the oven to 180 degrees C or 350 Fahrenheit.
6. Place the potatoes, onion, garlic, and pepper into a large bowl and add the oil, sweet and hot paprika and salt. Toss gently making sure that all the vegetables are coated.
7. Place the coated vegetables on a baking tray and roast for approximately 30 minutes until they are tender and begin to brown.
8. In a pot heat the stock and coconut milk until simmering and then add the roasted vegetables. With a stick blender, puree the vegetables until smooth.
9. Bring the soup to boil and add more seasoning to taste and serve.
This delicious soup goes great with some toasted bread and to add extra flavor garnish with some grated Gruyere cheese before serving. This soup is full of vitamin c and great for keeping winter colds at bay.